Monday, June 15, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog.
After 4 years of bartending, and working at more than 10 different venues, I have come to learn and see a lot of stuff from behind the bar. Being behind the bar makes you much more than a bartender. A good bartender is a shrink, a problem solver, a doctor, a detective, an engineer, a chemist, a showman, a preacher, a listener, and a people watcher. Even after 4 years of taking Sociology at University, I have learned more about human behavior by simply watching from behind the bar.

You witness all kinds of things, and you experience every human emotion whether it be your own, or those of the patrons who enlist your fine skill. You witness love, hate, lust, deceit, greed, you see it all. You see people laugh and cry, you see hearts break, you see people fall in love, and occasionally, you get to see people puke. I have stories you would not believe. That being said, this blog is going to tell you some of those stories, it will teach you the ways of the force. I'll tell you some of the secrets that bartenders don't want you to know, I'll tell you why we do things the way we do, and I'll teach you how to get better service.

Stick around, tune in, and you'll hear plenty of stories, you'll have plenty of fun. Check back every week for a new blog.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment