Monday, June 22, 2009

Liquid Courage...

So, as you know, this blog is about bars. It's about working at a bar, being at a bar, drinking at a bar, even falling asleep at a bar. Usually, I'll have a couple drinks while at work, and I do my blogs after works. It is relatively easy to come to the conclusion, I'm most likely 'under the influence' while writing these blogs. You might be surprised how exceedingly difficult it is to write a blog (and sound at least slightly intellectual) after having a few... Anyway, it's hard. It takes me forever, and I forget a lot of details. However, there's one thing that sets my blog apart from other similar blogs.... That being said, keep in mind it is Sunday night, and I had one or two.

Anyway...
We have all heard the saying 'throw your inhibitions to the wind' when people are talking about doing something unusual. I hear that at work occasionally, but, I have to say... throwing your inhibitions to the wind, is doing something out of character, not doing something because your wasted. Making an ass out of yourself when your drunk is no different thatn making an ass out of yourself when sober... it's just easier. We also constantly hear the term `liquid courage.` That term, is a real term friends. Liquor courage, is the drunk equivilent of throwing your inhibitions to the wind. It just means you don`t have the balls to do it when your sober... hence liquid courage. Anyway, I see this far too often at work. People get all boozed up and thing they`re tough, or they think they can dance, or (and best of all) is they think the member of the opposite sex might actually be interested. Here come a couple rules to live by when hitting on a member of the opposite sex while at a bar.
1. Buying a random girl a drink still works, buying all of her drinks, does not.
2. If you offer to buy a woman a drink and she refuses, she probably does not like you.
3. If you offer to buy a woman a drink and she accepts, she still might not like you.
4. If she buys you a drink, she probably likes you.
5. After your sixth drink, do not look at yourself in the mirror. It will shake your confidence.
6. Anyone on stage or behind a bar is fifty percent better looking.
7. If you're going to hit on a member of the bar staff, make sure you tip well before and after, regardless of her response.

Working behidn the bar, I have never in my life seen so many failed pickup attempts. It`s great. I`m not saying I know how to pick up girls, im not Tucker Max. I`m just saying there are certain things you notice happen pretty consistently among drunk dudes. So... Read and Head gentleman!

There are 86 rules to boozing... everyone who drinks needs to know them. Every week I'm going to end with one of those rules so if you have to, write them down.

Rule #30. Never complain about the quality or brand of a free drink. - Seriously.. Don't

Anyway fuckers, that's it. Thanks for reading and have a good week!!

Peace

6 comments:

  1. 3 things
    1. Winston Churchill reference, really man?
    2. totally agree with the 50% better looking deal on stage or behind a bar
    3. Tucker Max is THE man

    I liked this one, funny Fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who the fuck is Tucker Max?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well reader... Click the link, or google the name and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often look in the mirror and get a huge ego boost...I've never had drinking be a negative influence on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hence my point... it takes you 6 drinks (like the rule states) to get an ego boost, i.e liquid courage, or liquid confidence. The rules are about picking up women.. liquid confidence will never empress a woman more than natural confidence.

    If I'm wrong, then you are an exception to the rule... These rules apply to MOST people, if you are the exception, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fred is obviously THE man because 1) everyone behind the bar or on stage is in fact 50% better looking. I have proof to back this up because I went on a date with a bartender who I thought was smoking hot. When he showed up for the date I can say he was probably at best 25% as hot as he was behind the bar. 2) Tucker Max is the shit. I'm female and STILL appreciate the way he degrades women. He's that funny. So for anyone who's not in the know, look up Tucker Max.

    ReplyDelete